Home remedies for insomnia
So many every day things can lead to insomnia and it’s really hard to find the right path towards getting ourselves into a good night rest. You’ve probably tried a lot of pharmaceutical things, but I’m here to talk to you about some home remedies for insomnia.
Keep in mind, just because they’re home remedies doesn’t mean that you make them at home yourself, but rather, they are things that you can have in your home as remedies for insomnia. We don’t always have the right things in our households, but what better than finding some good products and keeping them near you every day before you go to sleep? You’d be saving some money on prescription medications, and even more important, saving the time you’re wasting while lying awake in bed.
Everyone’s system works differently, so what may work for me, doesn’t mean that it’ll work for you as well. But you know how the saying goes “you never know until you try it”
Therefore, here are 6 home remedies for insomnia
Name: SoftHeat by Perfect Fit | Luxury Micro-Fleece Low-Voltage Electric Heated Blanket (Queen, Natural)
Product Type: Heating blanket
Best For: Absolutely anyone who wants to have a more relaxed and comfortable night rest
Price: $82.20 (Do keep in mind that this is a queen-sized product. Therefore, the prices may change)
Overall Ratings: 8.5 out of 10
I wanted to start this home remedies for insomnia list with this review. I normally like the cold weather, especially since I live in a tropical island, which means that our temperatures never go below 68°F and even at 73°F it’s cold for some people.
I never understood the hype about heating blankets until one day I was staying at a friend’s house and she showed me hers. I was still very skeptical about it, but regardless, I decided to give it a go and see what the buzz was all about. That blanket actually helped me sleep better, to the point that I only took half of my sleeping pills dosage and it actually made me relax and manage to sleep some extra hours.
This blanket truly is one of the most comforting fabrics to date. But I think what I liked the most was that the technology it uses actually lets you preheat your blanket, allowing you to have your bed warm and comfy before you get in it.
This blanket uses a control setting system that allows you to adapt the blanket to your own needs, so you can have a peaceful sleep.
With electricity bills being so high nowadays, I think you’ll be happy to know that this blanket uses the least amount of energy. Not like the amount that other traditional blankets may use. Meaning that you will be saving money, energy and staying warm, that it’s our goal.
Some other things that you may also want to know:
• It’s pet-friendly
• Their low voltage technology is safe when it comes in contact with moisture
• Like everything else, this blanket is not an exception to getting dust all over it. Because of that, you can machine wash it with cold water
• It measures 84″ x 90″
• The wires on this blanket are ultra-thin, flexible and they lay flat on the blanket, you can barely notice them
• When purchasing the blanket it comes with a 5-year warranty
It can’t get better than that, right?
2. Essential Oil Diffuser
Name: Essential Oil Diffuser 300ml Acorn Wood Grain Aromatherapy Oil Diffuser Cool Mist Humidifier
Product Type: Relaxing oils
Best For: It works for absolutely anyone
Overall Ratings: 9 out of 10
Second, on my list of home remedies for insomnia is this essential oil diffuser.
I know some of you love the idea of having this type of calming aroma therapies around your house, I do too. Nothing makes me relax more than being surrounded by some good relaxing oils and what better to do so than with this wonderful product.
In this diffuser, you can add several drops of that essential oil that you love and in some minutes you’ll have a room full of a fragrance that you love. As you can see, in the name of the product, it is also a humidifier that doesn’t necessarily need any oils in it, but instead it can add oil to your skin and also to your lips.
This product also comes with some LED lights, but don’t worry! It won’t affect your sleeping routine in any way. The lights are actually made for dark rooms so you know it won’t be a big glimpse of light coming across every part of your room. Besides, it doesn’t produce any type of sounds, so you can be sure that no one is going to wake up.
Things to keep in mind:
• The measurement cups and essential oils are not included
• Try to add water below the max line
• For best results, add 100% non corrosive pure essential oils
• Can run around 5-7 hours with just one filling of water
• No stick filter, the soothing mist is created by ultrasonic technology
• It automatically shuts off its safety system when it becomes waterless, which protects the product from being burned out
3. Scentered Sleep Well Aromatherapy Balm
Name: Scentered SLEEP WELL Aromatherapy Balm Stick – Sleep Aid for Restful Sleep & Bedtime Relaxation – Lavender, Chamomile & Ylang Ylang Blend
Product Type: Scentered sleep well therapy balm
Best For: Anyone who wants a peaceful, relaxed and stressful-free night
Overall Ratings: 9 out of 10
The next item on my home remedies for insomnia list, comes this lavender balm stick. I’m pretty sure you’re thinking it’s some type of chapstick, but it isn’t.
To use this product you just need to apply a small amount of the balm on your neck, wrists and temple. After you apply the balm, you deeply inhale and exhale the scent it provides, while at the same time, you think about what it is that you want to accomplish the following day; that way, your mind can be more relaxed when it’s time for you to sleep.
This bam is made with moringa-based palms and shea butter, it also has a higher tendency of generating an enormous benefit for you, since it doesn’t evaporate, like other aromatherapy products, meaning that your skin actually absorbs all of its minerals.
What you need to know:
• This product is 100% natural aromatherapy
• It promotes your well-being and helps you find a more peaceful way for you to sleep
• It isn’t greasy
• It hast over 25 natural essential oils in each balm
4. Leaf Bedroom Grey Curtains
Name: Leaf Bedroom Grey Curtains 95inch Long Tonal Effect Room Darkening Floral Jacquard Window Draperies Set of 2 x 42” Width Grommet Top
Product Type: Window curtains
Best For: For those of you who love the dark. Specially at night time
Overall Ratings: 8.5 out of 10
If you’re like me, you probably love the darkness and the feeling of being vulnerable and alone. I have always had a dark aesthetic in every place I’ve ever lived in. That gives me peace and it helps me sleep 5x better than what I normally do, since it’s basically blocking out the sun and every other light that comes from the outside.
These curtains are made from some really high quality material lined with a nature inspired leaf pattern with clean lines. Also, the textures of these curtains are crafted from durable faux-linen, which adds a luxurious and rich aspect to your bedroom.
What you need to know before purchasing:
• These curtains block about 90% of light and reduces noise-making things that are coming from the outside
• They are machine washable
• They also improve energy saving since in the summer it helps you by keeping your room cooler, and in the winter time it helps your room stay warm
• The packaging includes 2 panel- leave curtains
• 42″width/ Panel. 84″width/ Pair. 84”and 95”Long available
5. Bedtime Tea
Name: Bedtime Tea – Herbal Stress & Anxiety Relief Remedy to Help Insomnia, Relax & Get Restful Sleep at Night
Product Type: Plant based tea
Best For: Relaxing and getting a good night rest
Overall Rankings: 8 out of 10
Insomnia has made me try so many type of teas and almost none of them worked. Not to mention, some of them also tasted really awful. While trying to search for a helpful and all natural tea, I came across this one.
This tea is made from traditional herbs, emphasizing on natural ingredients and non-habit forming, so you don’t have to worry about getting too involved with it, or feeling like it’s the only thing that’ll make you sleep.
It’s ingredients include Passion Flower, Chamomile Flower, Lemon Balm, Orange Peel, Catnip Herb, Stevia Leaf ,Valerian Root Extract, Natural Flavors (Soy)
What other things you need to know before purchasing:
• The FDA has not made any statement regarding it being a dietary supplement
• It won’t cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. It just helps you sleep better
• It is a combination of organic and conventional ingredients
• The tea is individually packaged
Name: DRIFTOFF Sleeping Aid
Product Type: Dietary supplement
Best For: Having a peaceful full night of sleep
Overall Ratings: 8.9 out of 10
For the last item of my home remedies for insomnia, I decided to include one of the top selling sleeping capsules in the market. As I’ve said before, I’ve been dealing with insomnia for so many years now. I have tried over twenty different sleeping pills and by far, these have been on my top five.
These supplements include a combination of melatonin and valerian root in a non-habit forming sleep aid. It can also help you if you’re like me and suffer from anxiety, it is not a cure nor a remedy, but it somehow helps you relax.
Most generic pills don’t give you the full effects that they promise you, so you end up either taking them and not sleeping, or taking them and barely sleeping a few hours. Driftoff offers you a full night rest and even when you’re tired but can’t sleep, they’ll help you get the proper amount of sleep that you need. Why? Well, as I said before, they also help with anxiety. Therefore, they have a calming effect.
What other things do you need to know:
• The blend of valerian root, chamomile, and passion flower helps calm anxiety, relax your muscles, and encourages a restful night’s sleep
• L-tryptophan, melatonin and GABA, helps your body control it’s natural REM sleep cycle, support serotonin levels, and help you relax your mind
• Their emphasis is on natural, non-habit forming ingredients
• They’re vegetarian
• All of their ingredients are FDA approved so you don’t have to worry about what you put in your body
• Please don’t exceed the recommended dose
• If you’re pregnant, nursing or under 18 please consult your doctor before taking these supplements. Also, if you’re already taking prescription pills, I don’t recommend you mixing both
• It is not a cure for insomnia nor anxiety so please don’t expect it to have a magical effect on you from one day to the other
Again, none of these things are magic cures for your insomnia, but instead they’re things that can help you sleep better. At the end of the day that’s what we want, right? That’s what I want for me and for you as well. I really hope these products can help you find that balance in your life, as they did for me.
Have you tried any of these products? What’s your experience with them? I would love to hear from you in the comment section down below.