A few years ago, if we wanted help regarding our mental health, we had to get up, find a directory and hope for the best regarding finding a health care professional. Now, people are reaching over to the internet to find that type of counseling. But, what are the best online therapy services?
As you can see in the picture above, there’s more than half of the population that are suffering with a mental illness. Of course, those are only US statistics, but can you imagine the amount of people that are right now having to deal with this issue? You’d be surprised by the amount of people that have a mental illness and don’t know it yet, and the others who know it but can’t afford to get professional help, becaus it we’re being honest, traditional therapy can cost hundreds of dollars a month. That’s insane, isn’t it?
What’s An Alternative?
I’m almost sure that most of you have heard about online therapy, but what is it really about?
Online therapy is based on giving the same attention and response you would get in an office with a professional, but you can do this from the own comfort of your home. Sounds fantastic, doesn’t it?
Every day more and more people are seeking help from an online source, with a certified therapist. Of course, this may sound a little skeptical for some of you. You’re probably wondering “how does that even work?”
It’s simple, the internet has become one of the major resources for people to find absolutely everything. Certified professionals have jumped in that wagon and they have decided to make therapy more accessible and affordable.
In an online session, you can schedule when to communicate with your therapist, schedule video calls, phone calls, you’ll get all types of resources that will actually help you.
You’re probably wondering what’s so special about online counseling?
I am going to give you some points on how it can help you better your whole life:
• As someone who struggles with anxiety I can assure you that online therapy is far less stressful than meeting face to face with someone.
• It’s flexible, meaning that you can go at your own pace without having to worry about missing a meeting, being late because you have kids, you work etc. You don’t have to worry about any of that.
• Even though it’s not really an anonymous alternative since online therapists have to follow the same exact government rules as a non-online therapist, but this gives you the advantage, since you’re using your phone or your laptop; to open up quickly and be more transparent than what you’ll normally be when you’re having a traditional session.
• Most times making an appointment will take you weeks, maybe even months, to actually have a face to face session with your therapist, but on an online session you can talk with a professional that exact same day!
• It’s affordable! Yes, you heard that right. With online therapy you can save hundreds of dollars. While traditional therapy can cost you between $80-200 per session, online therapy can be half that price for a weekly session.
There are so many more benefits but I think those might be the more out-standing ones in my opinion.
I have suffered from depression, anxiety, and PTSD, from as long as I can remember. All of this, due to past traumas. I have been in an out of doctor’s offices for so many years. I have been through six different therapists and my social anxiety has made it almost impossible managing to stay with one therapist, I’m pretty sure a lot of people can relate to that as well. I have been across a lot of online therapy sites, and don’t get me wrong, they were all good. Of course, ones were better than others but they all had their potentials, they just weren’t exactly what I was looking for.
What I Recommend
After hours of doing a lot of research, I came across some good sites, but they weren’t something I would sign up for. I want to give you guys the resources of only the best things I can find. I wouldn’t be sharing this with you if I thought it was a scam or not a reliable site.
Online Therapy is a program that’s based on cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT). If you didn’t know what CBT is, here’s a short and simple definition:
‣ Cognitive-behavioral therapy is a psychotherapy treatment that takes a practical approach to problem-solving. Its objective is to change patterns of thinking or behavior that are behind people’s difficulties, and so change the way they feel. It is used to help treat a wide range of issues in a person’s life, from sleeping difficulties or relationship problems, to drug and alcohol abuse or anxiety and depression.
They are a dedicated online-based team of consultant therapists, cognitive-behavioral therapists, practitioners and support staff that collaboratively works to help people in need of emotional support.
After you sign up you will immediately be assigned a therapist that will be with you throughout your entire journey, from beginning to end.
Every therapist on this site has a wide range of credentials (licenses, academic degrees, or certifications) and many hours of hands-on experience.
• A certified therapist
• Activity plan
• and live chats!
We all want what’s best for you and for your well-being.
If you sign up right now, you will receive a 20% off your first month! So, what are you waiting for? Sign up here and get the help you deserve and the tools you need.
Panic Away is nowhere near an online therapy program, but it does have some necessary tools that will help you when it comes to anxiety-based disorders such as:
• Social Anxiety
• Agoraphobia (which is the fear of entering really crowded places)
• Panic attacks
• Among other anxiety-induced disorders
This program doesn’t pair you up with any certified therapist, but instead, it provides you with guidance, techniques, and resources to help you manage anxiety.
As I said before, this program is not related to any kind of therapy, therefore you will not get one on one counseling, phone calls or video chats.
There are two ways you can access this program which are:
1. Having one on one personal training and resources with Barry McDonagh, who is the founder of this site. This alternative can include a phone call, messaging or even meeting face to face to talk and discuss what you’re going through regarding your anxiety disorder.
2. The second option is the digital media package which is one of the most common and affordable packagings. You can obtain this tool either being downloaded to your mobile device or your computer. But, if you’re a collector or you just simply like to have physical copies of what you order, then they have the physical products as well (DVDs, books, CDs)
Panic Away provides you with an 8-week, money back guarantee. So, if you’re not happy with what you received you can get your money back within those 8 weeks.
If you want to check them out you can click here!
Please remember that you’re not alone. You have the power to change your life and start writing the next page of your life’s journey. You deserve to heal.